This is my version of a “Healthy Frito Pie”
Healthy Frito Pie you say…….???????
This is my video of myself making this Healthy Frito Pie http://youtu.be/SK7TQlALKxM
We’ll who doesn’t like Frito Pie? I do but those Fritos Chips are not worth it to me. I love salty don’t get me wrong but if I’m going to spoil myself it would be with Chocolate or something like well…. dark chocolate
This Recipe Is – Easy, Yummy and Healthier than the Sodium and Fat Loaded Stuff!
Roasted Cauliflower could not be easier and is super delicious! I sprinkle mine with Garlic Powder.
Ground Turkey Simmered in some spices with Olive Oil. Then once fully cooked add Canned Chili with Beans
I like to take my frozen Broccoli and place it right into the a pan on Medium. I sprinkle with Garlic Powder and add a little butter or coconut oil. I like my broccoli still slightly crisp.
- 2 Lbs of Raw Organic Cauliflower
- 1- 1/12 lb Ground Turkey ( check the sodium, you do not want a high sodium turkey. Something under 90 mg)
- 1 Family size Can Chili Beans with Beans
- 2 lbs Frozen Organic Broccoli
- Cold Pressed Organic Olive Oil
- 1 Tbs Butter or Organic Coconut Oil
- Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Chili Powder
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
1. I sliced my Cauliflower to be thin for roasting. The thinner the more crispy. I’d say I did mine medium. I sprayed the pan with my Misto of olive oil. Sprinkled Cauliflower lightly with garlic powder. Placed in oven on top rack- used Broiler. Using a Spatula I turned it every so often.
2. While Cauliflower was Roasting- I cooked my Ground Turkey in Pan with about 1 Tbs of Olive Oil. While cooking I added the chili powder, some garlic powder and black pepper. When completely cooked I added the can of Chili and beans and simmered.
3. While cooking the ground Turkey I warmed my pan for the broccoli and aded the butter or coconut oil to melt. Then I poured my Frozen Broccoli into the pan and stirred from the bottom up periodically between checking cauliflower and ground turkey.
4. When Cauliflower was cooked to my liking. I pulled it out and served with the chili and broccoli. Enjoy!