Fall Chicken Lentil Stew
Delicious, Hearty, Healthy and oh so Satisfying
- 2 Cups Dried Green Lentils
- 2 Cans 25oz Organic Diced/Chopped Tomatoes
- 6-8 Cups Water
- 1 TBS Organic Better Than Chicken Bouillon
- 3 Medium Organic Sweet Potatoes
- 1 Medium Yellow Onion
- 3 to 4 Carrots
- 1-2 Red Bell Pepper
- 1 1/2-2 Lbs Frozen Organic Chicken Thighs
- 1 TBS Minced Garlic
- 1- 1 1/2 tsp Cumin
- 2 tsp Coriander
- 1 TBS Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Nutmeg
- 1 tsp Celery Salt
- Celtic Sea Salt to taste
- Wash lentils. Place washed lentils in crock.
- Add Frozen Chicken, Water, and Bouillon
- Chop Sweet Potatoes, Onion, Carrots, Red Bell Pepper and Garlic. Add all to crock
- Add Spices and give it a stir
- Look at it. Does it need more water? It depends on how thick you like your stew.
- Cook on low 6-8 hours.
- If you can 1-2 hours before dinner check. Add more spices or salt if needed.
- Before serving. Remove Chicken and Chop up. Add back to stew.
- Serve and Enjoy
I made this up when I was in a hurry and desperate to get something in the slow cooker before I had to get to teaching my PiYO class. I was frantic and used what I had.
We all loved, loved, loved it. I loved the mix of savory and sweet flavors from the sweet potato, nutmeg and cinnamon.